- A Bowl of Cherries - Chicago Healers
- Alchemy Within - Carole Malin, BA, CST
- Bipolar Spiritual Healing - Dr. Kay Bernard, D.Min, MA, M.Div, BA
- From Head to Toe - Chicago Healers
- Functional Medicine with Dr. Kristen - Balance Chiropractic and Wellness, Dr. Kristen (Bobik) Halland
- GI Health - Dr. Nicholas LeRoy, DC, MS
- Grow Your Business Tips - Chicago Healers
- Indigo Children - Jeff Lucas, MA, LCPC
- Losing Weight Inside Out - Liat Ben Yakov, MBA, CST
- Soul Purpose - Melissa Tierney, Psychic Medium, MS, DD
- TIPS FOR YOU
- SERVICES A-Z
Experts - Women’s Health
A specialized holistic approach to a woman’s wellness throughout her lifetime, including fertility, Obstetrics/Gynecology, hormones, breast health, and midlife transition.
We are an integrative medical practice offering a unique blend of multidimensional health care, providing energy healing to patients, working with professional healers and partnering with the medical community in order to create a worldwide shift of awareness to the benefits of energy healing.
Women’s Health covers a multitude of areas, focused on a holistic approach to overall women’s wellness. Women’s health areas covered include fertility issues, Obstetrics & Gynecology, hormone balance, breast health and midlife transition.
Women’s health refers to health and medical issues related specifically to human female anatomy. Associated structures may include the female genitalia, breasts and issues related to being female such as contraception, maternal health, menopause, menstruation, breast cancer and childbirth. Some medical and health advocates define Womens Health more broadly, to not only include specific illnesses and structures related to women, but also focus on issues related to womens health, such as access to healthcare, abortion and contraception and the differences in illness susceptibility based upon your sex, such as rates of cancer and heart disease between women and men.
Women’s health as an issue, has also been taken up by many feminists in the past also, where research has revealed treatment anomalies between women and men, and many feminists have campaigned for abortion and contraception access to be improved and approached as a health rather than a moral issue.
Key Points related to Women’s Health include:
- Read food labels to avoid preservatives, dyes, pesticides and other chemicals – artificial ingredients unbalance the hormonal system causing PMS and reduced estrogen levels.
- Try to eat only raw fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, fresh fish and whole grains – packaged goods lack nutritional quality.
- Your liver, ovaries, adrenal and pituitary glands and thyroid need a sufficient supply of omega 3 fatty acids, to produce our own hormones. Organic flax seed oil is an excellent source of Omega 3.
- If you are not producing enough of your own hormones, this can be helped by eating alfalfa and other foods containing phytoestrogens, as they act just like estrogen in the body.
- Toxins from non-organic foods, the environment and personal care products can cause havoc on your hormonal system and overwhelm the body. Exercises that move the whole body will remove toxins through the lymphatic system.
- USDA beef and dairy products contain heavy hormone residues. This interferes with your own hormonal system, try to eat organic dairy and beef, as they do not have livestock hormones in them.
- Altered fats and oils such as margarine, hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils, chips, fried foods etc also disrupt the female hormonal system. Utilizing products with cold-pressed, organic unrefined oils are a great improvement.
- Hormonal imbalances can be added to by the use of synthetic and ‘natural’ isolated vitamins, switch to 100% whole food concentrate nutritional supplements. They are formulated to feed your cells with live nutrients that you are missing in your diet. This can bring huge benefits.
- National Institute of Health researchers found that the risk of hormone estrogen use increases the chances of women, who are otherwise healthy, of having a stroke by 41%, increase the risk of heart attack by 29% and breast cancer by 24%.
- HRT or Hormone Replacement Therapy – consists of drugs in the form of skin patches, creams or tablets, they increase the levels of sex hormone oestrogen.
Routine care is the best way to keep you and your breasts healthy, detecting breast cancer at it’s earliest stages is the main goal of breast care, but other benign conditions like fibrocystic breasts, cysts and other issues are often discovered during routine care.
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among women in the United States, other than skin cancer, and early detection of breast cancer greatly increases the survival rates. Treatment and options for breast cancer have improved greatly over recent years.